...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wishing for the West Coast

I'm back in Wisconsin, and I have to admit I'm not that euphoric to be here. I had six days in perfectly blue skies, lived in flip flops and was kissed by the sun. And what greeted me when I returned? Gray clouds hanging gloomily overhead, an inbox full of emails from stupid people, and the lovely gift of three-hole punched paper in the fax machine. Really? I come back to my cubicle with nature pictures pasted to my walls after being in the glory of the ocean and I'm greeted with three-hole punched paper in the FAX MACHINE??? What am I doing back??...

Since there is so much to tell about my vacation, I'm going to be breaking it up by days over the next few posts. That way, I can give each day the detail it deserves, and hopefully I'll still remember it all perfectly. But I'm not starting now because I'm getting tired and can't really think too clear before bed. But I'll leave you with a photo to keep you intrigued:





This is at Solana Beach, the main beach we hung out at during the trip. It was a beautiful place. If you can see on the left, there is a long staircase winding up the cliff. Those steps were killer after an afternoon in the waves, but such a good workout. My sister counted- there were 129.

This picture makes me feel the sun on my shoulders, the taste of salt on my tongue, waves licking my toes. Yet when I open my eyes I'm still here in Wisconsin, waiting for rain and wishing for the West Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment