...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Here We Come

Summer arrives with a length of lights
Summer blows away
And quietly gets swallowed by a wave
It gets swallowed by a wave
-The Decemberists, "Sommersong"



California here we come!! Tomorrow morning we'll be on a plane, heading to the west coast. I finally have everything packed and settled- it only took me about 3 hours. Not too bad, if I say so myself :) Totally kidding- I always leave things to the last minute and it's a really bad habit.

I cannot wait to greet the surf, to feel the salt wind blowing against my face. I've always felt the water calling to me, and now I'm finally heeding the call. Soon I'll be standing in the sand and realizing the ocean was meant for me. Or maybe vice versa...

I don't know if I'll be able to get a chance to be on here in the next week, as I'm (gasp!) not planning on bringing my laptop. I'm going to rough it. But I'll try and find a computer at least during one point, otherwise, I will have a LOT to talk about when I get back. I just can't believe I'm going. We've been talking about this for months, and now it's here. Pretty surreal. In less than 24 hours I will be seeing the Pacific Ocean-- I absolutely cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment