...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Monday, July 13, 2009

Accomplished: Absolutely Nothing

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
-George Gordon, Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage


My goal for this weekend was to be packed and ready to go for my trip. Was this accomplished? No. Was it even close? No.


I have a whopping zero items in my suitcase and a brain freeze in my head on what I need. To defend myself, I did make a list of the necessities- a list of where to go and what to do, burn a mix cd for the rental car, and a reminder to bring our baseball gloves for a game of catch with the cousins. So I can't say I haven't done ANYthing.


I'm getting more excited to settle into the seat of our plane, pull out a good book and cruise through the storyline and altitude. And when we land, the ocean will only be miles away. I went over everything that needs to be done for work with my boss today, and it is significantly less than I originally thought so I'm actually breathing a bit easier. And now knowing that things should be set until I come back is allowing me to actually think about the trip a bit more. Like how I'm going to take my sister's senior pictures while we're down there- I keep thinking of places to go, the lighting and what kind of shots I want. I bought a few extra memory cards, and I'm planning on using one solely for this purpose. I think I'm more excited about the pictures than she is.



Alright, keeping it short tonight. I'm exhausted and I have a busy week. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment