...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sucker Punched

Pierced, like a hammer to my heart.



This will be my first attempt at the whole blogging thing, so please be patient with me. I suppose, to take a great quote from the Sound of Music, "Let's start at the very beginning, a very fine place to start."



I'm on my way to sunny California in 4 days and am getting more excited by the minute. This vacation isn't coming a moment too soon- my life has slowly been dripping away and replaced by a huge white space that's been named Work. I seriously think I might chew a hole right through my desk if I don't take a few days off, so my sister, brother and I are heading to San Diego. I can't wait for my first taste of the beach- the smell of sea and salt, the burning sun on my face, and the never ending blue of the ocean. I'm in need of a respite, and I'm counting down the days until I get it.



On a completely different note, I feel like I've been punched in the face. And not because I was watching UFC 100 tonight as there were plenty of direct hits to the body, but because I was facebook stalking (not really "stalking," because that's wrong) an old college acquaintance and I noticed that he has a new girlfriend. Now, let me set the scene-- he and I had a little history my senior year, but nothing ever really happened and he kind of screwed me over twice on separate occasions. We haven't talked for a year and I know we've both moved on in our lives now that we're graduated and out in the real world. I guess the thing that just bugs me is that she looks like the kind of girl he said he always couldn't stand- the kind who throws herself at guys, wears waaaay too much makeup for a simple backyard barbeque and who looks like she wouldn't know the difference between a double play and a base hit. I know I'm venting here, but I guess it's just because I lost a bit of respect for the guy now. I thought he was better than that. She could be a very nice person and I can't judge because I've never met her, but from the looks of things it just wasn't at all what I expected.



WHEW!! Glad I got that off my chest. I feel better and completely ready to tackle a new day. Have a wonderful night world, and we'll be talking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment