...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry New Year!

To quote the movie "Trading Places":

MERRY NEW YEAR!!

Here it is, 2010 already. Last night, as I waited for the clock to turn midnight, it didn't really feel the a new year was upon us. But today, it's hit me that my slate is clean and I have a new book to fill. A whole 365 days to make a change, make a difference. What am I going to do with those days?

I have a few resolutions:

1. Be bold in my faith. I know what I feel and why I believe in the things I do, but I'm no good at talking about it. I'm praying for srength to forget about the poeple of this world and realize I'm working for my eternal home.

2. Move forward on my writing and photography. I've let too many years slip by where I just store up my poems or pictures and they do nothing but collect dust. Even if it's just small things, like giving them away as gifts, I'll be doing something.

3. Write more blog entries. I started out so strong but then my faithfulness on here took a dive. How am I to grow if I only write about me once every month or so? I'm not, so I will make myself a more frequent visitor to my blog.


There we go, my resolutions. Hold me to them, now. I am creating new footsteps to be the most out of the person God has planned for me to be. Uncharted waters- I'm ready to set sail.



No comments:

Post a Comment