...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Monday, January 4, 2010

Laughter Yellowed Our Walls at Night

I just got a phone call from Next Chapter Bookshop-- I'm one of the winners of their Six Word Story competitions!! I had forgotten I'd entered and couldn't remember if I had put a book on hold or not, but then she told me I had won the contest and it all came back to me! I won a $20 gift card and a store t-shirt, plus I have the opportunity to read my entry out loud on Wednesday when the editors of the Six Word Story books come in to speak. I'm sooo excited! It's pretty exciting for me, especially because my writing's been so dormant. This is at least an opening, getting the rust off the hinges. Plus, the actual editors will be there, so they will hear my story. Thank You, Lord! This is very gracious of You- a great way to start 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment