...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Arizona, Coming Soon

This is a short week for me-- I'm leaving for Arizona on Friday! I can't believe it's here already. And it's a special trip; not only am I going to see one of my best friends for her birthday, but she and I are going to be running in the Phoenix Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon on Sunday! How crazy is this- me, running 13 miles?? I'm so excited for it. I know I can do it; the hardest thing for me will be to adjust to the warm weather. It's supposed to be in the 60's or 70's when I'm there- uh, very YAY!! -- but still it will be way warmer than what I'm used to. I've been spending months talking about it and my friend and I encouraging each other on days we didn't want to run and RUNNING for an hour and a half day after day, and finally the time has arrived. It's pretty amazing to think that at the end of this week I'll be on a plane heading for sunshine and outdoors. Just crazy.



No comments:

Post a Comment