...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Sunday, January 24, 2010

Half Marathoner

A week ago today, I had my half marathon. I should correct myself and say I had AND completed my first half marathon! I did it!! I ran the entire thing and actually felt really good the entire time. I finished in 2:06:32, which I am pleasantly surprised at and happy. It was such an amazing experience- people lined the streets and shouted encouragement, there were live bands at every mile to keep you going (and keep your mind off of running)and water stations to keep me hydrated and running. And it was perfect running weather, just perfect. God was certainly gracious to me that day. It's unbelievable how great He is to allow me such a perfect day.

My friend and I finished at the exact same time, which is pretty cool. We're already planning on running another race in the summer, but I know I'm going to run a few more in Wisconsin before that. My brother said he'd run with me because he wants to run a half marathon, too, so it will be nice to have someone run with me again. Such an incredible experience- I can now say I am an official half marathoner. How cool is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment