...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Perspective

Today's a bit of a frustrating day. It started out ok- had a nice quiet time in my rental car (long story, but my car ended up staying in the shop overnight) where I listened to Andrew Peterson's Counting Stars and finished with Hillsong's Hosanna. I was in His perspective, and after I had wonderful conversation with God during a peaceful, relaxing evening to end a crazy Monday, I was ready for a new day.

Then I got to work. It's amazing how within one short hour my attitude did a complete 360. I had so many emails flooding my inbox that I KNEW I didn't want to open, so many things being passed off to me because I wouldn't say no. There's just so much going on at the office, and it is really difficult for me to keep up a cheerful attitude.

I need to keep perspective. That I'm here for a reason. Or maybe God's nudging me a bit, telling me to get ready for another chapter. I don't know. Whatever it is, I cannot keep looking at the glass half empty. It's a waste of God's gift of life; He has given me so much, and I'm focusing on the details of my job? It seems so silly. Focus. I need focus. And prayer. Lots of it.

That's really all, for now. I just had to de-clutter my thoughts and at least make another post because I'm not doing that great of a job of keeping this updated. Maybe I should just keep writing all day; it's certainly making me feel better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment