...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

-Genesis 1:2-3



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bold


I sketched his smile into the sky.
Whenever I looked into the
early evening atmosphere,
I saw him dancing with
the lullaby of dusk,
and I would sway along.



Great is my boldness of speech toward You, great is my glorifying of You; I am exceedingly joyful in all our tribulation.
-2 Corinthians 7:4

This couples everything I have been reading and hearing about these past 2 days. It fits perfectly and might as well be my verse for the year. And then my verse today is Hebrews 4:16, which tells us to boldly step to the throne of grace.

Bold. This is something I am not. But scripture clearly tells me to be. I may be bold because of Christ. I don't know much, but I know that God is God. He is faithful. He is strong. He will make good on His promises. I know He's got it all figured out. But I still must go confidently before Him to find out what He has in store for me.

Lord God, grant me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment